1 Year to Easy Running is a free, downloadable training plan you can follow independently. It’s for all those who don’t think they can run, but secretly want to.
Take the quiz below to find out if it’s right for you.
- Does running hurt?
- Do you have trouble finding the motivation to run?
- While on a run do you find yourself thinking, “THIS SUCKS!!!”
- Do you have trouble breathing when you run?
- Does running make you feel out of shape and inadequate?
- Do you think your body wasn’t built for running?
- Have you tried other introductory running programs that didn’t work?
- Do you like to joke that you only run from bears or cops?
- Do you think you shouldn’t run because you don’t “look like a runner”?
- Are you secretly envious of your runner friends?
- Do you secretly wish you could run?
If you answered YES to 1 or more questions I have news for you! First off, you are totally normal. And, yes, you are capable of running. In fact, I think this program might be just the right thing.
But first, I have some bad news. This plan is hard. It’s hard because it asks that you commit to walk/run for 20 minutes 3 days/week for 1 year. That’s right. A whole year! It will require patience, restraint and dedication.
If that doesn’t sound like your cup of tea, let me be the first one to tell you that there are plenty of other shorter introductory running programs out there on the web. By all means, give them a try. Or continue to not run. You are totally allowed to do that.
But let me share something else with you too. I really believe the human body is built for running. (There is actually a lot of science that supports this.) The fact that so many find it so hard is a function of our culture. We have spent so much time in cars and at desks (or at the very least – not running) that we have deconditioned our bodies. And it just doesn’t make sense to try and counteract a lifetime of deconditioning in 12 weeks.
That’s why I really believe in this plan. I really believe a gentle and gradual introduction to running is the best way to create a healthy, injury-free habit you can maintain for a lifetime.
So why not give it a try? What do you have to lose? All you have to do to download your free copy is subscribe to the REAL. FIT. Together newsletter. It goes out no more than once/week and always includes REAL content.